Uptown Dallas Chiropractors
The Dallas Wellness Center was founded by owner Dr. J. Douglas Kirkpatrick, D.C. in 1994. The clinic’s first location was on Bowser across from Pappadeaux in the Oak Lawn area. The center has since relocated several times to accommodate a successful and growing practice and is currently located in the Uptown area at the Uptown Tower off of Central Expressway and Fitzhugh. The center continues to grow and offer more services for the patient’s healthy recovery and their overall health. Dr. Ryan A. Stewart, D.C. joined the center in 2011, offering his expertise and caring spirit to the Dallas Wellness Center.
- Full-time private practice of Chiropractic since April of 1994 to the present
- Full-time associate Chiropractic in Fort Worth, Texas with Practicare from January 1992 to April 1994
- Chiropractic practice includes the conservative treatment of disorders of the neck and spine including soft tissue sprains and strains
- Also including osteoarthritis of the spine and whiplash associated disorders
- Also including treatment for auto and work related injuries
Meet Your Dallas Chiropractors in Uptown Dallas
Dr. J. Douglas Kirkpatrick, D.C.
Dr. J. Douglas Kirkpatrick, D.C. founded Dallas Wellness Center in 1994. His caring spirit and expertise have helped restore health to thousands of patients for the past 28 years. Chiropractic practice includes the conservative treatment of disorders of the spine including neck and back. These disorders include soft tissue sprains and strains, non-surgical intervertebral disc lesions and nerve root lesions, osteoarthritis of the spine, whiplash associated disorders, fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome, cervicogenic headaches and migraines. Dr. Kirkpatrick treats most injuries due to automobile accidents and work related accidents that are musculoskeletal related. He also works with many athletes in sports related injuries to help them achieve their full capacity as an athlete. The clinic offers several types of therapeutic and sports massage. He understands what you are going through and is committed to giving the quality of care and time the patient needs.
Dr. Kirkpatrick has always had an interest in sports and health. He was a competitive swimmer from elementary school through high school. Dr. Kirkpatrick was in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles for 8 years performing in national tours, TV and film, Disney and various theaters.
- Graduated with Academic Honors from the prestigious Parker University of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas in January 1992.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Anatomy obtained from Parker University of Chiropractic
- Completed over 900 hours of Post-Graduate education in Chiropractic
- Graduate of Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas
- Texas Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Association
Dr. Ryan A. Stewart, D.C.
Dr. Ryan A. Stewart, an associate chiropractor at the Dallas Wellness Center, has been freeing people from pain in the uptown Dallas area for the past 11 years. Dr. Stewart has a passion for helping others. He is committed to promoting optimal health and well being in each of his patients. Dr. Stewart uses a “whole person approach” to wellness and this approach is what distinguishing him from other chiropractors. This approach to wellness takes a look at any underlying causes and works with his patients to define and implement a personal wellness plan. Using this unique approach, Dr. Stewart will help you accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health and living the life you love.
Dr. Stewart enjoys being physically active. He enjoys all fitness and wellness activities. Dr. Stewart is an avid skier and loves to hit the slopes as often as possible. In the past, he was an avid and experienced runner to which he completed two full Dallas White Rock Lake marathons. Dr. Stewart gained a tremendous amount of marathon knowledge while training for both marathons every weekend with a 2008 Olympian marathon qualifier.
- Graduate of Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX-Aug. 2009
- Graduate of Howard Payne University, Brownwood, TX, BS in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
- Graduate of Early High School, Early, TX
Post Graduate Training
- Postceptorship Program through Parker College of Chiropractic in a Dallas chiropractic office from Sept. 2009-June 2010
- Private practice from July 2010-Jan. 2011
The Dallas Wellness Center Team
The staff at the Dallas Wellness Center is extremely professional and friendly. They go above and beyond their duties to make you feel comfortable and meet all your needs. Our team building activities promote a great environment and enthusiasm that carries over to our patients. Our staff is awesome!