Does the full moon affect your sleep?
For centuries, humans have blamed the moon for our moods, accidents and even natural disasters. But new research indicates that our planet’s celestial companion impacts something else entirely — our sleep.
In a paper published Jan. 27 in Science Advances, scientists at the University of Washington, the National University of Quilmes in Argentina and Yale University report that […]
Ever woke up in the morning and just feel as if something just feels different. As you sit up to stretch, you find yourself wincing at an unpleasant feeling in your lower back just above your waist, the uncomfortable sense of pain. You also notice that the pain intensifies when you try to rotate your arm. […]
As the leading experts in the musculoskeletal system, chiropractors are many athletes’ top choice for ongoing preventative and performance-based care. Used widely across many sports, chiropractic adjustments and therapies can help to boost overall performance, decrease downtime due to injury and keep athletes in top shape. If you workout consistently, you are an athlete. This does include you!! So give back to […]
• Eat a healthy breakfast that includes unsweetened bran cereal topped with berries. Bran feeds the good bacteria in your gut and the berries are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that improve the health of macrophages and other virus-eating cells.
• Take a brisk walk. Immune cells circulate the body during exercise for […]
Back pain is the leading cause of disability in Americans under 45 and most commonly reported kind of pain. Learn more about how chiropractic care can help with back pain and injuries.
Anatomy of the Spine
The spine is a combination of stacked bones, called vertebrae, flexible tendons and ligaments. The vertebrae are in a column divided into […]
* Maintain a healthy diet and weight
* Quit smoking to ensure that maximum oxygen and nutrient amounts reach spinal tissues
* Make maintaining chiropractic care a priority and part of your wellness lifestyle
* Be active, avoid living a sedentary lifestyle
* Maintain proper posture
* Wear properly fitted shoes
* Warm up and stretch before all physical activities, including fall yard work and raking leaves
* Lift with […]