Benefits of Massage Therapy
Therapeutic massage manipulates the soft tissues of the body to alleviate stress, pain, discomfort and muscle spasms.
Benefits of massage therapy:
- Improves flexibility, range of motion and muscle tone.
- Increases blood flow allowing muscles to work more efficiently and speeds up the healing process.
- Alleviates headaches and pain.
- Improves ability to walk with a balanced gait.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Relaxes diaphragm to improve breathing.
- Reduces muscle tension, pain and stiffness.
- Stimulates the body with increased endorphins.
Massage therapy is effective treatment for a multitude of health problems, including:
- Pain (chronic and temporary)
- Range of motion
- Pulled or strained muscles and ligaments
- Sleep apnea and insomnia
- Myofascial pain
- Jaw disorders
- Digestive disorders, including spastic colon and constipation
- Circulatory problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Asthma and bronchitis